Thursday, July 29, 2010

AHH NATALIE PORTMAN + ALECCC + CIGARETTES! ULTIMATE DISATER!






As you might have been able to tell this project was hell. It was pretty amusing and very funny, but rather hard, well SMOKE is hard. But I enjoyed swapping faces and will do this a lot more often if I have the time! I would say this is a pretty creative project, let's be real here, how often do you see Alec with Natalie Portman, I surely never have. I give it an 8.5 in that aspect. I did not expect that making smoke look realistic was so hard!! Smoke, itself flows and follows no direct path other than the winds, so how do you capture that?, a lot of trial and error. I learned from this project that Alec was meant to be a boy, and Portman should always stay a girl. However, they do look mighty funny together. On the curriculum side of this project, I've learned how to adjust facial tones, swap faces, create smoke, yah da yah da. It took not to much longer than I expected because when I sat down and really worked at it it went rather fast and easy, well not easy but easy concepts, just you have to do them over and over again to get it exactly correct. Yet again I am proud that I completed another project and it turned out very nicely. :)

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha ha ha. this is by far the worst disaster to strike the photoshop world! but it's awesome. VERY creative.

    i think you did a better job swapping natalie with alec than you did on the tutorial, because on the tutorial, the guy's skin tone is not pink enough and there's a little bit of a haze around the edge of his face. i think the natalie/alec picture is a little cleaner.

    and now for your opus: wow. though i probably wouldn't be fooled into thinking that alec's face was really on her body, it's pretty darn close. it might actually help to inch his face over to the left so that his beard meets her hairline.

    overall, wonderful job.

    GRADING
    Creativity: 100
    Effort: 105
    Artistry: 95
    Mastery of Unit Goals: 100
    Followed Directions: 100

    Unit AVG: 100

    ReplyDelete